Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yesterday

So yesterday was a bit stressful. All day long I was waiting for a call to see if I made the part I auditioned for. But that isn't all that happened...
My dad came and picked me up at about eleven so I could go with him to Wal-mart to get my Grandma some soda. On our way back to her home we get a call from my sister saying she and my mom would like to meet for lunch at Fazolli's. Instead of going to my grandma's first we decided to just head out to meet them for lunch. We get to Fazolli's, no mom, and no sister. We then get another call. This time it's my mom, bawling, telling my brother to give the phone to my dad. She tells my dad that they have been in a car accident. My mom said that she was alright but she wasn't sure about Stephanie. So there we go to the corner of 7800 s and Old Bingham highway. My sister's car looks terrible. My dad (who is trying to quit smoking), is taking it hard. I take the kids to ice cream. (They don't need to see what is going on.) They load Mom and Stephanie into an ambulance and then off to the ER we go.
My mom looks fine. They take x-rays of her chest and back. They see nothing and she gets dismissed. Stephanie is SORE. She was struck by the car on her left hip. I thought it was broken. They get x-rays and nothing. They send her home. They spent 3 hours in the ER. I was there for awhile then took the kids home and dropped off Lexie at my Grandma's and went back for my dad, mom, and sister. Holy Crap!
I still haven't heard about the play. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept imagining what could've happened. My sister is lucky to be alive and my mom is lucky she wasn't hurt too badly. I know that today they are going to hurt. And silly me keeps wondering if I could've prevented it. But there is no way that I could stop that guy from running that red light. God works in very mysterious ways, we were only a light away from their accident. Satan also has his ways, with all this stress I was worried that my dad would break down and have a cigarette. He is still smoke-free! Hooray!
* I didn't make the play. I just wish I didn't spend five hours at call-backs! Grr!

No comments: