Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

Well this is the last Wonderful Wednesday of the month of July! What wonderful things happened this week?

1) My cousin Katie, her husband Art, and their son Dakota are visiting from Virginia. They will be here for 3 weeks. I haven't seen them since last September. Dakota is adorable he is growing like a weed. He was 3 months when they left and know he is 13 months old. I am happy they had a safe flight over and I am so excited they are here!!

2) My Dad is still cigarette free! I am so glad that he is sticking with quitting. Some time next month we are going to through a party for him! Hooray!

3) I finally went camping! I really needed the break from my house and I had a lot of help with Alexis this weekend. I actually had a little time for Luther and me to relax with each other. We took the canoe out and we just sat on the lake for awhile just enjoying the peace and quite. Ahh tranquility!

4) Alexis turned 4 months old on Sunday. Can you believe it? She had her 4 month doctor's appointment on Monday and we found out that she now weighs 12lbs 12oz and is 25 1/2in long. She is above average with hight and below with weight. Her doctor says that she is a healthy, happy, perfect, little baby.

5) Luther is at home this week. (He is waiting for a call from his union.) The reason he's home is not so great but at least I get to spend a little time with him. Well currently he is working on the "south house" to cover our rent for the month, but I have seen him a lot this week and I LOVE it!

6) I got an amazing message from a friend yesterday that boosted my spirits. Lately I have been a litle down on myself worrying that I am not that great of a person. Her letter helped me so much to realize that I have done nice things for people that are much appreciated! So thank you.

7) Cheyenne is going to her first Girl's Camp. I'm not excited that she's gone I am excited that she gets to go and have this uber fun experience. Frankly I am jealous, I used to love Girl's Camp. But I am happy for her nonetheless.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Congrat's to your dad! I wish my in law's would step up and stop... Oh well.
SO glad you had a good camping experience... and of course some alone time!
your daughter is so cute!

The Tani Family said...

Congratulations on all the wonderful happenings! Has Alexis gotten any teeth yet? We are still just stuck at the constant drooling stage! Camping with a baby was actually fun when we went and I am glad you could have a fun experience as well! Jack has his fourth month appointment on Monday so we will see where he is.