Thursday, March 20, 2008

Two and a half hours in Labor and delivery

So today I went for my follow up appointment to see if I would test positive for toxemia. I had my BP, weight, and urine checked. I had a moderately high blood pressure, I hadn't gained any weight, and I spilled a minimal amt of protein in my urine. So to be on the same side my doctor sent me down to labor and delivery for further testing. I had to wear a dumb hospital gown! They hooked me up to a fetal monitor and a contraction monitor. I had my blood pressure taken every ten minutes. I had to give yet another urine sample. I had to have my amniotic fluid checked. The worst part of all was they had to take my blood!! They couldn't get it out of my arm so they had to take it out of my hand! I nearly vomited! I HATE giving blood samples they make me uber nausous and light-headed! Well after all of the tests everything looks fantastic! I love the fact that I am healthy but hate it when all that time is spent doing tests and I end up perfectly fine! Oh well! I guess I will still play this waiting game and hopefully she won't be to insistant on an extended stay! ;)

1 comment:

Melissa Ash said...

Woohoo!! Hopefully this week!! Good luck! I can't wait to hear about it all!