Monday, March 24, 2008

THURSDAY!!

So I went to my scheduled Dr's appt today. After "checking" me she found that I am 3cm dialated and am 90% effaced. (With no signs of any labor pain thank goodness!) So she finishes that up and asks when we had last had an ultrasound. I told her the beginning of the month. She looked through my chart and saw the part where the ultrasound estimated my baby's weight to be 7 lbs 4 oz. So she grabbed her calendar and said well at a half a pound a week your baby is in the high 8 lbs by now. She said, "I have set up an appt for you to be induced for Thursday and after checking you and approximating the baby's weight we would be safe going for it if you are ok." She explained the added risk of a c-section. I decided that I would rather try pushing her out sooner when she's smaller than later.
To make a long story short... I am going to be induced at 7:00am Thursday morning. So if everything goes as planned I get to meet my baby girl in 3 days!! Hooray!!

1 comment:

Melissa Ash said...

Can't wait to see pictures!!! Tell us all about it! I can't wait! I hope everything went well!