Monday, March 31, 2008

She's Here!




Alexis Danielle has made her way from her heavenly father's arms into mine!! She was born March 27, 2008 at St. Mark's hospital. She weighed 9 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long! She is a BEAUTIFUL baby.

I was scheduled to be induced at 7:00am on Thursday, March 27, 2008. When I arrived they hooked me up to all kinds of monitor and set up an IV (not my favorite part!) At about 8:00 they broke my water. After a few hours of nothing happening they started me on pitocin. (This was roughly 12:00.) My contractions started building but would NOT make a steady pattern. So I had the pitocin going up and down and up and down to try and get it to work. At about 3:00 I decided that I couldn't take it any longer and got me an epidural! (Not nearly as bad as I had imagined it to be thank goodness.) My contractions were still strong but they were in a "dysfunctional" pattern. The nurse decided to check me a final time and get the doctor's opinion. It was about 5:00 and to everybody's surprise I was ready! So then at 5:30 I started pushing! I was doing well and make some progress in the first hours. By the second hour however, I could not make her budge! So the doctor and I sat down and faced the inevitable.... I needed a c-section! My husband cried as the doctor discussed it. I cried as soon as the doctor left. I tried SO hard to get her out and I couldn't! So Luther grabbed my sister's husband Scott and they gave me a priesthood blessing to comfort me. Then it was time to go in! I was terrified! I was shaking so badly. I had my c-section and I survived!! :)


1 comment:

Melissa Ash said...

beautiful, Angela!!!!!