Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas and New Years

Okay, okay. I officially stink at this blogging thing. I guess it is okay though because I don't have many followers. :P
Here is what has happened since the last time I blogged...
Alexis had her dance recital.
December 21, 2012 Alexis performed 3 dances in Just Dance Studio's winter recital. She did a tap piece and 2 creative movement pieces. I was so happy that my family was able to come up for Alexis' recital. (Except Ryan, he had to work and was missed.) Alexis loves knowing that her extended family support her. My inlaws weren't able to make it to this show but we know that they love Alexis and wish they could have made it. You were there in spirit!! :)



My Grandma D. passed away
My Grandma left this earth to rejoin her husband in heaven Dec. 21, 2012. I am glad that she didn't have to spend Christmas without my Grandpa. My Grandma had been in a lot of pain for many years. She had a heart of gold. It is going to be hard without her but I am happy she is no longer in pain. My sisters, mother, and I sang at her funeral. We sang "Beyond the Sunset" and a song that my mother had written. I love you Grandma, I hope I can become a great woman like you were!

Merry Christmas!!!
Alexis loved wrapping gifts for others this year. If there was a present that needed wrapping she was on the job. Alexis was spoiled this year (like usual). She got an innotab 2 and some accessories, new bedding, movies, games, books, and dolls. She loved Christmas and has enjoyed all of her gifts.
It was our first Christmas with Bentley. Santa didn't bring him too many things but he did get some blocks, a book, some stackable cups, and some new binkies.
Daisy got some bones and a new ball this year for Christmas. Alexis had fun trying to keep the dog away from her gifts until Christmas.

Happy New Year 2013!!
Nothing too exciting happened for New Year's Eve. Alexis and I watched The Lorax and after she fell asleep I watched Pretty Woman. Luther went to bed early since he had to work.
I did get to go out to lunch with a friend for my birthday! Then we went back to the dance studio and worked for a few hours. (I say work but we mostly hung out.) 

That is basically the last few weeks in a nutshell...

No comments: