Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bentley had his 2 month appointment last week. He weighed 12 lbs 6.9ozs and is 22.5" long. He also had his first round of shots. He wasn't too pleased about that but he took them like a champ!

Everyone has been commenting that Bentley is growing fast and that he is starting to look more like a little boy everyday. He is such a sweet boy who loves to cuddle. Sometime I think he likes to cuddle too much because lately he wants to cuddle all the time. Most of the time I love to snuggle my little guy but I admit there are times where I wish he could be content without me.

For Christmas Luther bought me the Nike Fuel band. I wasn't able to use it until last week because I had to exchange it for a larger size. Anyway, it has actually been fun trying to meet my daily activity goals. I am hoping that it will help me get to a healthier weight. I am sure that my hormones have been fueling my disdain for my current figure. I hate where my body is right now and I really want to change. Problem is I am lazy (or depressed about the situation) and without some kind of motivation I won't get far. It is things like this that make me wish I still lived near my family. I am positive my sisters would join me in my weight lose journey and be that push I need.

Getting back into dance has been a little more difficult than I thought. I have been struggling with finding a song, planning class, and thinking of choreography. I hope that I can get my creative gears turning soon so my class can be successful. I am certain that my biggest fault is that I am over thinking it. I just need to relax and let the creativity flow. I really need to make this class fun and educational. Wish me luck!
On the positive side though I have finally finished the piece for some of the competition girls. I started the dance back in October and with having a baby, Christmas, and winter recital my dance has been put at a standstill until now. I teach it to the girls tomorrow. I hope they like it!! :)

Alexis has been her same old, silly self. In fact, just today we were getting ready to leave the dance studio when she says, "mom, I am going to make a potion when we get home." I then asked, "Oh? What will your potion do to me?" To which Alexis replies, "it will make you be nice to me at the dance studio." Keep in mind that Alexis was mad at me for telling her to get ready to go. I try not to be mean to her at the dance studio. :)

Alexis still loves her gymnastics class. She was so happy last week when classes started up again. She loves her coaches and loves learning new things. She is very excited about dance this semester. Alexis and her friend Paityn are going to learn a duet to compete this year. She can't stop talking about it!
Alexis is teaching me that I really need to stop swearing. Lately my favorite thing to call the dog is "stupid a$$" (I love my dog but sometimes she likes to remind me she is still a puppy; like jumping on and off my bed like a psycho, licking Bentley's face, stealing stuff out of the garbage, etc.) so naturally that is now Alexis' name for the dog. I have also found myself saying "what the hell!?" and of course Alexis copies. I really need to correct this habit before she calls someone a "stupid ass" or inquires "what the hell."

I have been fighting with my self image lately. I am having a really hard time liking myself lately and am questioning why or if people like me. I hate when I have these thoughts that I am not good enough. It makes me a very volatile person that I don't enjoy being. I snap really easily and I hate it. I am not the best housekeeper but when I feel like this, it's worse. I need a pick-me-up soon. Hopefully going to Utah in a couple weeks will help. I hate feeling this way. I hate trying to fight the feeling and be happy. I want to really be happy instead of pretending. I want to be able to overcome my fear of what people are thinking about me. I wish I could be more sure of myself. I haven't talked about these feelings but they needed to come out.

2 comments:

LiNdS said...

I am not so happy with my body right now either! When are you coming down? Maybe we could plan a time to hang out and maybe go do a zumba class?

Angela W. said...

I think we are planning on coming down the 28th or 29th. We should definitely do either a Zumba or a Yoga class. I am trying to talk Luther into staying the whole week so we actually have time to do all the things that we would like. We shall see what happens though.