Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I am glad this week is coming to a close. It has been a VERY long one.

The Good:
1) Bentley is 3 weeks old today!













2) I FINALLY got some Christmas shopping done. Alexis is pretty much finished, I may add some clothes and some games. Bentley will just need maybe one other toy and some clothes or some blankets.
3) I broke out my first bottle of Martinelli's for the season. :) I wasn't very good at sharing it though. Sparkling apple cider is a major part of my holiday.
4) Warm Fuzzies: Luther and I went to Ihop for Thanksgiving dinner this year. We left a 50% tip for the waitress. I had to go back in because we had left our "doggy bag" on the table. The waitress looked me straight in the eye and said, "thank you so much I really appreciate it (the tip). Really, I appreciate it a lot." I love that warm fuzzies feeling. :)
5) Beating my husband: Luther has started playing Zynga Texas Hold'em Poker. He asked me to play with him one night and I agreed. I won two huge pots against him. It was pretty fun. lol

The Bad:
1) Alexis' Temper: Alexis didn't have gymnastics OR dance this entire week. Without the extra activities to help her get rid of her extra energy she has been SO emotional. Luther and I asked her to wear pants on Thursday (simple request right?) and she threw a major tantrum. It took a good 30+ minutes to calm her down.
2) Luther's work schedule: Up until next week Luther's company has paid their employees 40 hours for their week off. (He works two full weeks on and has one week off then repeats.) So now we are in between a rock and a hard place. Do we lose out on 40 hours of pay and take the week off or does Luther work. Starting today Luther is going to work this first week off. I know it is something that he needs to do to keep us on track financially but I am going to miss him. I sure hope Saturday gets here soon.

The Ugly:
1) Sick Tummies: Both Luther and Alexis got stomach bugs this week. Thankfully I haven't caught it and neither has Bentley. Let's hope it stays that way.
2) Bodily functions: Since it has been 4.5 years since I had an infant to care for I need to relearn a lot of things. One things is that it is wise to place a clean diaper under the old one when you are changing a baby. Why? Well sometimes as soon as you remove the old diaper it signals the flood gates to open. This happened to me this week and I am not talking pee. Although, I still have to get used to Bentley peeing when his diaper comes off. I need to be more diligent about covering him with a wipe or something. lol

No comments: