Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

In my attempt to write more I am going to start a weekly update. This is it. :)

The Good:
1) Bentley has been added to our insurance. This may seem like a little win but when you have a 30 day window it is nice to have it done early.
2) Game night at Connie's. It was so nice to get out of the house, have a very tasty meal with friends, and best of all, letting Alexis play with kids. It was a much needed night.
3) Being able to watch Alexis' dances. I haven't been able to see Alexis practice yet this year since I am usually running the front desk at the studio. It was so nice to sit and watch her. Watching her brings a smile to my face.
4) Jessie's ability to get me to open up about what is wrong. It felt good to address what was bugging me with her. It brought it to light and now I can fix it.

The Bad:
1) Daisy has figured out how to open the garbage can lid. Thankfully she has been a pretty good listener and has kept it closed most of the time.
2) Bentley spit up down my shirt and in my hair. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I guess he chose sooner.

The Ugly:
1) This week the ugly award belongs to my temper. I have been short fused with Daisy and more depressingly, Alexis. The stress that comes with a new baby and the lack of sleep is starting to take its toll and I am not proud of it. In fact I am ashamed of it. I am making a promise to myself to stop yelling and start talking softly. (At least to Alexis, sorry Daisy I may still yell at you.) Looking back at this week I have only escalated the problem. I am going to be implementing time outs for little girls who like to talk back, hopefully I can get control of this situation. My temper has been ugly this week and I hope I can change that.

No comments: