Friday, November 16, 2012

Introducing.... Bentley

The Weber family got a little larger this year. We are pleased to announce the arrival of Bentley Luther.
Bentley was born Sunday November 4th 2012 at 6:12am, and here is his story. :)
Luther and I went on a cruise to Mexico in March for our 6 year anniversary. We had a wonderful time (despite me being sea sick). When we got home Luther said that he thought it was time for us to have another baby. Well, with all the cruise planning and the stress that went along with it, I had been oblivious to the fact I was "late." When Luther brought up wanting another child I realized, I could already be pregnant. I took a test the next day and sure enough, I was pregnant! :) We found out I was due November 16th, 2012.
Thankfully my pregnancy was normal. He was growing well, I felt well. Nothing too eventful.
At my appointment on October 31st the doctor said I was 4.5cm but could easily be stretched to 5cm and that I was very thinned out. He said he would be very surprised to see me at my next appointment. This baby would be making his arrival soon.
My water broke around 2:30am Sunday morning. Luther was downstairs waiting to go to work. Thankfully he hadn't left yet. I ran around getting all the last minute things added to my bag. Luther woke up Alexis and got her ready to go. we loaded up into the car and we were on our way to have a baby!
Luther dropped me off at the hospital and then took Alexis to a friend's house. I got checked in and was wheeled down to labor and delivery. I changed into my gown, got hooked up to all the monitor, had an IV placed, and was "checked". I was 6cm and completely thinned out. I was so happy when Luther finally made it to the hospital. (He had a few things to do after dropping Alexis off.) We mostly just sat around wondering what was going to happen next, both holding our breaths that I wouldn't need another c-section.
After an hour or so, (I really didn't keep track of time) I need to use the restroom. When I got back my contractions became ruthless. I decided to stay standing because that took a little pain off my back. After two contractions that left me clinging onto Luther I asked for the epidural.
The nurse said, "ok, but we will have to check to see how far dilated you are first." She checked me and replied, "well, you can't get that epidural but it is time to have a baby, and that will help get rid of the pain too." She went out to get the doctor. (He wasn't my regular doctor but he had agreed to allow me to try for a vbac and that is all that mattered to me.) The doctor cam in, checked me, and said to call him back in when I felt it was time to push. I would say 5-6 contractions later I called him back in.
It was time to push and I was TERRIFIED. I was not ready to feel and fight through the pain. It took pushing through at least 10 contractions before I was focused enough to get that baby out. Once I was able to buckle down it took 3 more contractions worth of pushing and my handsome baby boy was born. :)
Luther cut the umbilical cord and they laid him on my chest. I was so proud of my accomplishment. Luther and I were parents again. Bentley was "sunny-side" up and caused me to have a second degree tear, but I will take it over being cut open for a c-section again. He was 7lbs 14ozs and 19in long.
When Alexis first met Bentley she was in awe of how small he was. She was a proud big sister from the beginning and is constantly loving up on him. She is still adjusting to the role of big sister but is doing well.
Bentley has been nursing like a champ. He is a good latch and is very content after each feeding.
We are very glad to have Bentley join our family. He fits well and fills our hearts with joy!!






1 comment:

Yolanda said...

How perfect and wonderful. Congrats!