Monday, February 7, 2011

Florida Vaction Part 4

Day Four January 29th
We spent this day at Animal Kingdom. There wasn't anything really exciting here either except for Expedition Everest. I have decided that this is one of Disney's best rides. I would love to see it moved to California so we could enjoy it more. Alexis did get a free bear this day. While Luther and I were riding Expedition Everest Cheyenne and Mitch took Alexis to go play in the kid area. There was a boy that had won a lot of bears playing the carnival games and decided to share with Alexis. Alexis LOVED that bear. lol
We left the park fairly early this day (it closed at 5 anyway) and Luther and I decided that we would go on a date. We left Alexis with grandpa Clint and grandma Shannon and Luther and I went to Logan's Steakhouse. Luther and I had a fun dinner. I had a virgin daiquiri and we ordered appetizers and dessert. We pulled out all the stops. We even got to see a waitress spill water all over a customer. Oops.

Day 5 January 30th
Today Luther, Cheyenne, Mitch, Alexis, and I went to Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure Park. Luther, Lexie, and I spent most of our morning in Dr.Seuss Land. It was pretty slow and we were able to walk onto most of the rides. Alexis loved the caro-seuss-el the most. She had a lot of fun riding the elephant.
Later we met up with Mitch and Cheyenne again and we rode a "teacups" like ride. Poor Alexis HATED that. She did not like all the spinning, I can't blame her though, I wasn't to fond of that either. We rode a few more rides and then had our overpriced lunches. $10 for a hamburger and fries and then another $3 for a drink. Ridiculous!!
After lunch Mitch, Cheyenne, and I rode Jurassic Park and didn't get a single drop of water on us! YAY! Then we made our way to Harry Potter land!!
Alexis got to ride her first roller coaster EVER there. She was scared but I think she liked it. :P Journey through Hogwarts ride was SOOO stinking awesome. It seriously felt like you were flying a broom. And they aren't kidding when they say to stay away if you get motion sickness. It was wild!
Luther, Mitch, and I rode Dragon Challenge and we were told to grip the handles the whole ride because they were filming a commercial. There is a rare chance that our ride will be used but you never know. So keep an eye out for me(us) when you see Universal Orlando commercials here in the near future. LOL!
Alexis' favorite thing of the day was the talking fountain. At first she thought it was strange. But ended up loving chatting it up with a fountain. I enjoyed the fountain making fun of Cheyenne and thinking that she was Alexis' mom!
By the time we got home, I was exhausted. Luther's parents and his brother Jesse went to the Space Center and I am not sure what they did. :)

No comments: