Friday, February 4, 2011

Florida Vacation Part 3

Day 3 January 28th 2011
After a slow morning we finally arrived at Epcot. Cheyenne, Mitch, Alexis, and I were the first group to arrive at Epcot. After taking a picture in front of the "big golf ball" and meeting Daisy Duck and Stitch, I sent Cheyenne and Mitch to go do their own thing while Alexis and I went on the Finding Nemo ride. Then we looked through the aquarium while we waited for Luther to meet up with us. We had to wait longer than expected due to Luther's dad heading to the bathroom while still having Luther's mom and brother's tickets. After that was all settled Luther and I met at the fountain and then proceeded to Turtle Talk with Crush. That is such a fun show. Alexis sat in the kids section and kept "petting" the coat of the girl sitting next to her. It was so funny to watch.
Luther and I really didn't enjoy Epcot all that much. We watched most of the shows and rode most of the rides but nothing really excited us other than Turtle Talk with Crush. So we went back to Magic Kingdom. There we rode The Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion. The Jungle Cruise was pretty fun, I wish the speakers were a bit louder though, I could barely understand the guy. Pirates was fun but also a bit disappointing, Disneyland's version is much better! Alexis liked talking about the pirate's dirty feet and according to her the Pirates sing YO YO YO, so they are all aspiring to be rappers. Alexis was so funny at the Haunted Mansion. She told me that the ghosts play with their toys and not Lexie's toys. She was sad that she left them there and couldn't take the ghosts home. She loved talking about how the ghost "locked the key", at the beginning of the ride the "ghost" closes the door on the car and opens it when the ride is done. Alexis thought that was pretty cool.
After we finished at Magic Kingdom we met Cheyenne and Mitch in the parking lot at Epcot and decided to go explore Downtown Disney while we had an hour to kill. I don't know if it was because my feet were tired but I didn't really like downtown Disney. Maybe we weren't in the right area and maybe it was because it was late but it was more night-life/adult oriented than I would have thought. We did stop at a Disney shop a picked up a Princess Minnie Mouse doll for Alexis.
I was so ready for bed by the time I got back to the hotel. So I made dinner and then went to bed.

No comments: