Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why WY

I have had a request to explain the reason why I am out here in Wyoming. I seem to have left that part out.
Back in August, Luther was laid off from his job at Ashton Motors due to the company going bankrupt. He was constantly filling out applications trying hard to get a job.
I applied for a job at the day care my sister worked at to get us some finances.
Luther went back to the union he belonged to and put his name on the out of work list. We never were notified of job openings, there were none.
Luther then applied for unemployment which was a God send. We were able to pay our bill and put some food on the table. We applied for food stamps but were declined because we had more than the alloted amount in the stock market. So lame.
Anyway in November Luther's friend told him that were he worked was hiring. So Luther jumped on the opportunity. The job was in Rock Springs, Wy and his first day would be December 1. So there Luther went. I stayed behind because I had a dance class that I couldn't leave, their recital wasn't until the 12th of December. So it was decided that I would join him after Christmas.
We had a very good Christmas and left that weekend.
We are in Wyoming because Luther was out of work and Utah's job market was not optimal.
Luther loves his job. He is working in the natural gas fields on a FRAC team. Basically after the line men put dynamite in a tube thousands of feet deep, the FRAC team fills the hole with dirt, water, and chemicals to release the natural gas, they cap off the hole and the next team comes in to collect the gas. (At least that is what I understand of the process.)
So that is why we are here in Rock Springs Wyoming. :)

2 comments:

The Pilch Family said...

Hey you, I need to talk to you!! I have a blog too. There are like three of four different technologies that we could communicate in.

Emily said...

That is awesome. We are actually moving to Pinedale WY on the 23rd of February. Rob filled out so many applications got the job and laid him off. I know somewhat of what you are going through. We are so excited to go. I hope you are doing well its nice to hear from you agian. talk to you soon.