Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cute Alexis

My sweet daughter is definitely my favorite small person EVER. She just brings so much joy to my life. (And many other's lives too.)


Last night we decided to drive to Salt Lake because, well I didn't feel live spending the night in Rock Springs all by myself. We got to my parents house at about 9:30. I called my mom and told her that I was a half an hour away. My dad wasn't home at the time so we decided to surprise him. I pulled in front of the neighbor's house and called my dad telling him that he needed to help his granddaughter get her luggage. He was so happy to see his sweet granddaughter.


Somewhere between leaving Rock Springs and getting to Salt Lake Alexis was jet lagged. We arrived at my parents home and she wanted to stay up and play while everyone else was exhausted. (They had a weed pulling party at my grandma's and everyone was just plain worn out.) So we put in Pete's Dragon to entertain Alexis.


Alexis just fell in love with Elliott (the dragon) but was terrified to the point of shaking when the Goggins were after Pete. Throughout the movie Alexis would get scared. She was afraid of the school teacher (if you have seen the movie you know that the teacher is cruel, I would be afraid too.) It was just cute watching all of the different emotions she felt throughout the movie. She even told my mom repeatedly, "dragon blew on light." In the end of the movie Elliott uses his fire blowing to light the wick for the lighthouse. My daughter is too smart. :P
This morning Alexis had Marshmallow Mateys for breakfast. She ate them the way every child does. Picking out the marshmallows and eating them first. I even had to convince her to eat the rest of her cereal.
I LOVE my daughter. :)




1 comment:

WDL 5 said...

It's great to read about you and Luther and Alexis. She is so cute in that tutu on her 2nd birthday. - rhonda